Established in 2017, Canine to Five is a Dog walking and pet care business based in Buckhurst Hill and covering the surrounding areas. We specialise in one to one walks, and take immense pride in the level of care we place on our dogs and their owners, enabling them to have maximum peace of mind and premium care for their pets.
As the business continues to expand, we now have a role available for a self employed dog walker/pet sitter based in the Buckhurst Hill/Loughton area.
All walks are solo walks (one to one) unless there are additional dogs in the household. The role will involve picking up and dropping off the dog in your own vehicle, or walking the dog to a suitable location close to their home. We operate in all weathers so you must be prepared to get wet and muddy.
Pet, puppy and cat visits are all undertaken in their own home
This is primarily a Monday - Friday role with optional ad hoc weekend work. Hours will vary, approximate hours are between 10am - 3pm
Being a Dog Walker/Pet sitter is a wonderful and unique job. It can be very rewarding and lots of fun. However, you must not think that it is easy. You will be responsible for each pet in your care.Walking dogs can be very physical and testing, so you will need to be able to think on your feet in any given situation.
Must have a love for animals
- Experience with dogs desirable
- Must live locally within the Buckhurst Hill/Loughton area
- Available to work Monday to Friday and ad hoc weekends
- Confident in walking dogs alone
- Able to work on own initiative
- Have a full clean UK driving licence and own insured vehicle suitably equipped for transporting dogs
- Physically fit and happy to work in all weather conditions
- Be willing to have a DBS check
- A good manner with people and respectful to our clients needs
- Willing to go on a canine first aid course (cost is covered by the company)
- You will be covered under Canine to Five’s insurance.
Initially you will shadow another team member to get trained on the role and get familiar with the business and our clients. This is a self-employed position. Expected earnings for a one hour walk is £10-12, and other earnings are available for different services we offer our clients including 30 minute walks, pet visits etc.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com